Expert-reviewed policy in Google Doc format for easy editing
An annotated version that provides insight and guidance
Tailored components for remote and international workforces
Having a sick leave policy is a legal requirement in many countries and states. But for businesses with remote and international teams, finding a policy that adheres to every jurisdiction can be tricky.
Deel has created a free global sick leave and mental health day policy that simplifies the process of offering sick leave to distributed teams. You won’t have to produce a different policy every time you hire in a new country.
This policy template will help you:
- Develop and enforce more robust guidelines around sick leave and mental health days
- Improve your compliance footing
- Prioritize the health of your remote and international team
This template is part of our remote work policy collection, which aims to support growing teams with modern and approachable templates for the future of work.
Use this template for free
Download the Global Sick Leave and Mental Health Day Policy template for free and customize it to fit your needs.
Global Sick Leave and Mental Health Policy Overview
A global sick leave policy is a document that outlines a company’s conditions for remote and international workers who become unwell and cannot work.
The policy includes:
- The company’s method of providing sick leave
- The procedure and conditions for taking sick leave
- Conditions surrounding extended leave or leave of absence
- Conditions surrounding disability benefits
- The company’s method of providing a mental health day
- The procedure and conditions for taking a mental health day
How to use this template
This template is a customizable document. You’ll see placeholder text and prompts to guide your policy to reflect your local labor laws and your team’s unique approach to remote work.
We suggest including this policy in your remote workers’ onboarding process to ensure they review and understand the details of the policy.