- Placeholders that let you customize the policy to fit your needs
- Instructions, resources, and notes on how to use the template
- Extensive guidelines on eligibility criteria, data security, approval process, and more
A work from home policy will allow your organization to set clear guidelines and expectations that make sure remote work arrangements support your workforce in doing their best work while enhancing your company's success.
For most companies, flexible working arrangements mean offering remote work options to their team members. Despite the flexibility, some structure is still necessary to maintain the same level of productivity and enable seamless collaboration among remote workers when they’re working from their home offices.
A well-documented WFH policy is crucial for clarity and consistency as it outlines expectations for both employees and employers while ensuring compliance with legal requirements and safeguarding data security, which is key for global teams. It establishes a clear and consistent decision-making process and serves as a vital communication tool for informing employees about their rights and responsibilities in the realm of remote work.
This policy template includes customizable guidelines that you can easily adapt to fit your company’s way of working.
Work from home policy overview
A work from home policy is a document that outlines a company’s conditions for approving paid time off for employees. This policy includes guidelines around:
- General employee eligibility
- Maintaining cybersecurity outside of company premises
- Work schedules and working hours
- Work from home requests and approvals
- Team communication channels
- Meeting attendance
- Using flexible workspaces
- Home office expense reimbursements
How to use this template
This template is a customizable document. You’ll see placeholder text and prompts to guide your policy to reflect your local labor laws and your team’s unique approach to working from home.
We suggest including this policy in your remote workers’ onboarding process to ensure they review and understand the details of the policy.
Get your free policy template today.